Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Transformation in Process

It has been a while since I have posted here. I have allowed my life to move forward at its own pace without much input from me. I have a routine and it continues day-to-day without much change.

Ah-Ha! This is where the rubber meets the road. Allowing myself to coast through my life does not bring me to where I want to go. It is like setting out on a trip with some vague idea of a destination but no map or plan. How well would you do getting to your imagined destination? Not very well as far as I can tell. Meandering around does not create a successful journey if there it truly a destination.

Unfortunately, I have either allowed myself to meander or to jump too quickly into the ocean. I don't do moderation too well, nor do I do contemplation with a lot of grace.

What I do know, however, is that I cannot continue to go slowly nowhere. I must seize the reins and create the direction of my life and my own transformation. Easier said than done!

I am in the middle of defining my mission in life. As Richard Bach once stated, the way to tell if your mission in this life is complete is to ask if you're still alive, if you are, it isn't! (Not a direct quote, my own interpretation.)

I am undertaking the hardest part of my journey now, contemplating exactly where I want to go and how to get there. No, I'm not planning a trip, except the one through my own life. The interesting part is figuring out where I want to be and then the steps to getting there.

Can I do it without just jumping in and hoping I can swim and avoid the sharks?

Stay tuned and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment